Wednesday 29 April 2015

Winter Is Coming (And so are Sephora orders)


Littlefinger can suck it.

 

If you are unfamiliar with the above mentioned name, then this post may not be for you. The fifth season of Game Of Thrones kicked off three weeks ago, and so far the first three episodes have not disappointed. In fact the last episode, aired on April 26 titled “High Sparrow”, was one of my favourite ones to date. It did however bring an end to a rather strange and (to some….. namely my friends) gross obsession with the character Lord Petyr Baelish aka Littlefinger. I always liked him. From the beginning, he had a hand in nearly every single power move that resulted in untimely deaths and/or ultimate betrayals. I picked him to win it all. However, in “High Sparrow”, he committed an unforgivable sin, and made a move that cost him my devotion and support. Sansa Stark is my favourite (living) character. (RIP Robb L) I have always liked her, right from the beginning, and have always been alone in that regard. She isn’t really likeable, and started the show off by being portrayed as spoiled and bratty. I have always felt a connection with her, and she has always been my personal favourite. Littlefinger has always been obsessed with her, and (creepily) loved her. For those that don’t watch the show, their age difference is quite a lot… Sansa is around 16 or 17 on the show and Littlefinger is in his forties. I have been mocked mercilessly by my friends Natalie and Jordan for wanting their relationship to succeed and for loving them both. This past episode, he gives Sansa up to be married to a truly evil Ramsay Bolton, who is capable of horrors unlike anything I’ve ever heard of. I was watching the show with my friend Jordan and we both shouted out loud “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” when he told Sansa of his intentions to marry her off to Ramsay. I also immediately launched into a profanity-laced tirade at the TV screen during the entire scene. (I believe it ended with my standing in front of the TV, flipping Littlefinger off with both hands, and screaming “BYE I’M DONE WITH YOU SEE YA LATER I HATE YOUR FACE.”) He has now moved into Public Enemy Number 1 (Living Edition) on my list, beating out Cersei Lannister and the Red Witch. (Stay away from Jon Snow.)

 


I have been thoroughly enjoying GOT this season. As I stated previously, I have never felt such a connection to a TV show before, with the exception of The Sopranos, and I treasure and soak up every single second of every single episode as it airs. I have also been enjoying Sunday Dinner/GOT night at my house every Sunday evening with Jordan. I didn’t think I would like watching it with the distraction of other people around me but I actually have found myself enjoying the process of watching it with him, and then rehashing the episode after it’s done. When he was over watching the second episode two weeks ago, I was perusing the Sephora website on my laptop while we waited for the magic hour, 9pm, to arrive. (I would NEVER give my attention to anything other than the TV when it’s on, let that be clear.) It was during the surprise VIB sale, and I was just “looking” online to see if they had anything cool.

 

They did.

 

I ended up ordering the Nars Virtual Domination Cheek Palette and the Sephora Lash Stash. The Nars palette is beautiful. Three shades of blush, a highlighter and their infamous “Laguna” bronzer all come in this sleek package. I have been loving blush palettes as of late. Looks like this Nars one will be no exception. The Lash Stash is a product I was really excited about. The concept is genius. Five deluxe samples of mascara with a gift certificate for a full sized one of your choice? Yes please! The mascaras included in the set are the Josie Maran Argan Oil mascara, Lancome Hypnose Drama, Tarte Lights Camera Flashes, TooFaced Better than Sex and Blinc Inc Amplified. I can’t wait to try them all! Plus, each deluxe sample lasts up to a month. So basically I have mascara for almost the next 9 months. Score! When I placed my Sephora order I chose three free fragrance samples. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black, Tory Burch and NEST White Sandalwood. I also chose a 100 point reward with my Sephora points: The Living Proof Instant Texture Mist. I have heard so much about this line, and how much people have fallen in love with it. I am super pumped to try it out and see what I think.



 

It was definitely a memorable evening. Ordering makeup and watching my favourite show in the entire world = Happy Bri.

 

Excuse me while I plot Littlefinger’s demise. Nobody messes with Sansa.

No comments:

Post a Comment