Monday 6 April 2015

Ain't nobody messin' with my clique


Whenever I want a review of something or an opinion, it is not always the internet or magazines I go to first. I value the opinion of the people I know above all, really. I love the thrill of learning about the people I surround myself with, what they like and what they dislike. It is so fascinating to me. I would much rather see the contents of my friend’s bags than celebrities. I started an informal makeup-related questionnaire that I have asked a few of my favourite people in my life to complete and will be randomly posting them.

 

 

 

I met Natalie almost three years ago when she started at the company I work for. Upon our first meeting it became very apparent that our relationship could go one way, or the other. We had very similar Type A personalities which meant we would either get along well, or hate eachother’s faces. Fortunately for everyone in our vicinity, we quickly became friends. Quickly became close friends, actually. Over a short amount of time she became like a sister to me and with the exception of my son, I have never loved anyone in my life more than her. We have eerily similar pasts, have so much in common and joke we share a brain. We are extremely close, and have shared things with eachother we never have with anyone else. She is the most important person to me, and I have never had anyone support and love me unconditionally like she does. She helped me get though some of the hardest times in my life and has always been there for me, no questions asked. Whenever we are together we never run out of things to say, and can talk about absolutely anything and have the time of our lives just going to get coffee. She inspires me so much, and I love her with all my heart. I would not be who I am today without her guidance and friendship, and she is my biggest supporter. When I told her I was toying with the idea of starting this blog, her support never wavered and she has remained the most important opinion I have sought. Natalie is my very best friend and I am so grateful and fortunate to have someone like her in my corner. She and her family mean the world to me and I am looking forward to rolling up to Starbucks in our scooters when we’re 90 and as we like to say, “ready to f**k s**t up”.

 

 

 

 

 

When did you first start wearing makeup?

I’ve always loved makeup.  When I was 5 or so I would dig through my mom’s purse looking for something to try and sit and watch her do her makeup every day.  However… I would say I was 12 when I started wearing makeup.  You know…  purple lipstick and black eyeliner in excess.

 

What is your favourite overall brand of makeup?

MAC but I am a slave to my Too Faced eye palette.

 

Where is your favourite place to shop for beauty products?

Sephora… the bestest place ever!

 

One product you can’t live without?

Mascara

 

Who is your biggest beauty inspiration?

Kate Beckinsale – She counts right?!

 

If you could go shopping with anyone, who would it be?

Bitch is this a trick question?  You!  Nobody could share my passion for shopping like you can.

 

What is your one favourite all-time TV show?

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!

 

What is your “Happy Place”?

Glass/bottle of wine, stack of magazines and a hammock. Bye!

 

What is your favourite makeup product you have bought in 2015?

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette hands down.

 

What is your signature look?

I love wearing a little bit of everything.

Foundation, blush, black liquid liner, mascara and red lipgloss Voila.

Favourite colour?

RED (Surprise!)

 

Any bad beauty habits?

I must confess I don’t use under eye cream… I just use regular face cream which from what I hear is a big no no.  As well… I don’t wash my brushes as often as I should.  EEK

 

Dream job?

I love to dance so maybe a Dancer.  And no… not a pole dancer. 

 

Lastly, what are 3 things you would bring with you to a desert island?

My pictures….wine & music.

1 comment:

  1. Awww these are some of the nicest things anyone has ever said. You da best! Luv ya 😊

    ReplyDelete