Wednesday 1 April 2015

March Favourites


Some of my favourite Beauty Gurus do their “Monthly Favourites” videos faithfully every month and every month I faithfully get excited about them. I borrowed some inspiration from them and have decided to feature that here on Shimmerette.

 
Lancome Dual Finish powder foundation in Wheat ll


 

I have been loving the Lancome powder foundation in Wheat II. I started using it two weeks ago and when I used it for the first time, I wasn’t blown away. The colour was slightly too light for my skin and the formula seemed too dry. However, it didn’t take long for me to change my first impression completely. Using the Dior powder foundation brush has made my application flawless. I. Am. Obsessed. Several times this past week I have caught myself admiring my face makeup in the mirror I keep on my desk at work. I do combine it with an application of the MAC pressed powder to bring it to my actual skintone. Can't say enough good things about the Lancome powder foundation. So happy I tried it!

 
MAC lipgloss in Snob (always have to have a backup...)


MAC lipgloss in Snob has also been something I have been loving. I have used this lipgloss for a few years so it’s nothing new to me, just something I have rediscovered and I have really enjoyed using this month. It’s my signature shade of light pink, and it is a pigmented gloss. Definitely not sheer. I found myself reaching for it quite often over March and it wears beautifully. Non sticky as well which is a must for me.

 


Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter has been a definite must have for me. I needed a hand cream for my office that wasn’t scented. My hands and cuticles especially are on the drier side and I keep a few hand creams on my desk. Both of them are scented though, and I wanted something that I could reach for when I really wanted a simple deep moisture treatment. My friend Michele had put one of these in my Christmas stocking this year and I really liked it upon first use. It now reserved a place firmly in my little lipgloss bag that travels with me everywhere in my purse.

 
 


My favourite makeup brush this month is the Dior powder foundation one. Love love love. It goes hand in hand with my Lancome powder as probably the thing I am loving most this past month. I genuinely get excited to use it every morning. I love how compact the bristles are, giving me a completely uniform and full coverage. OBSESSED.

 


Loving New Girl this past month. I would watch the odd episode once in a while when I would catch it on tv, but not religiously. I was at Target recently and they are shutting down their Canadian operations, so they are in the process of liquidating their stores. I found Season 2 of New Girl for $6 and couldn’t resist buying it. I enjoyed it when I did watch the few episodes I was able to, so I was looking forward to a good binge sesh. It took me about two weeks to get through Season 2, as I watched a few episodes every night before bed. I bought Season 1 and 3 after finishing Season 2 because I enjoyed it so much. The writing is terrific, and I am obsessed with Schmidt. I laughed out loud at numerous points. Definitely recommended.

He looks friendly
 

The Jinx. I LOVED THIS. I never watched it “live” as it really didn’t pique my interest much. After reading a small blurb about it in Entertainment Weekly that described it as “addictive”, I made the decision to see what the fuss is about. I churned through all 6 hour-long episodes in 3 days on Shaw On Demand. Hauntingly chilling, I was hooked. I remember finishing the last episode (VERY DRAMATIC ENDING) and I called my best friend Natalie and sinisterly whispered to her “It’s done. It’s finished. It’s over.” It’s about the life and alleged crimes of Robert Durst. I highly suggest giving it a try.

 
Yes, I have a Tassimo. (Sorry Mom)


Tetley Orange Pekoe Tea. A definite favourite not just for March but for life.

 

Sugar by Maroon 5. Generally, as a band, I would rather gargle razor blades than listen to them. I physically can’t handle their music. But hot damn, is this song catchy. I dance around my house to this, have dance parties in my car where I blast this song and it’s probably the song of March 2015 for Bri.

 


This blog! I am LOVING putting this together and am always bursting with ideas. I also wanted to thank you for all your support. I appreciate it more than you know.

2 comments:

  1. This just reminded me that I still have to watch Jinx! And... because I love you... I will forgive your Maroon 5 comment. I love you Adam!!! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like a sexy version of Dateline NBC. If that's even possible.

    ReplyDelete