Tuesday 7 April 2015

Hello old friend


Since starting this blog, I have been very inspired to go through my makeup drawers and open new products I haven’t tried yet. Well, that was the intention anyway. Although I have been slow to try any new products lately, I have been rediscovering old favourites and falling in love all over again.

 

My Naked palette used to be a staple of mine. Excitement doesn’t even begin to describe how I felt when I got the call from Sephora that mine came in. I wore it every day for months after I got it, and hit pan on quite a few shades. When the Naked 2 palette was launched I quickly discontinued use of my beloved Naked palette and fell in love with its newer counterpart. Eventually I abandoned both palettes in favour of newer things and they sat for a long time, untouched and ignored. When I moved my makeup into my new storage unit in January I rediscovered so many things I had forgotten about, and the Naked palettes were one of them. About two weeks ago I pulled out the original Naked palette and fell in love with it all over again. The colours are perfect, mostly browns of varying shades and taupes. The texture of the eyeshadows is so creamy, velvety and the colour payoff is amazing. What I love most however, is that you can create a day to night look using only this palette. Recently I met some girlfriends for drinks after work and I was able to turn my more lowkey day look into a more sultry and glamorous look perfect for bellinis with friends using one of the darker shades on the outer corner of the eyelid.

The Original
 










Nars lipgloss in Turkish Delight used to be my go-to lipgloss, right around actually the same time as when I got the Naked palette many moons ago. It’s my signature shade of pink, and I used to wear it so much I actually had to repurchase it a few times. It was featured in magazines for years as a makeup bag staple, but it wasn’t until my friend Michele and I saw a picture in US Weekly of Audrina Patridge (of The Hills fame) applying it at a lunch at The Ivy in Beverly Hills using a Chanel compact as a mirror that we careened down the highway, desperate to get our hot little hands on both above mentioned products. (Our celebrity fascination knows no bounds). I had a few backups in my drawers so I have been wearing it for the past week or so and rediscovering it all over again. I will say, the smell and taste leave something to be desired. I like a good lipgloss that tastes good, or doesn’t taste at all and this one smells and tastes weird. And not in a good way. The MAC lipglosses are still winning this battle.

 

Speaking of Nars, I’ve also been using the Nars blush in Orgasm off and on for a few weeks. This is a shade that works on every skin tone, and is immensely popular because of it. I bought it for the first time almost seven years ago and I think I’ve used about two up in that time. It is another one of my “rediscoveries” as of late.

 


Givenchy Hot Couture is a popular fragrance, and for good reason. When I was getting ready on a weekend morning just this past one, I was in the mood to wear a different perfume than my usual one that day. I have collected so many fragrance rollerballs over the years, but I never wear them. I made it a point to grab one to wear that day and it ended up being the Hot Couture rollerball I chose. I kept catching the odd whiff of gorgeously scented fragrance throughout my day, and was reminded of what a beautiful fragrance it was. Another great rediscovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment