Sunday 12 April 2015

Security blanket


Whenever I talk about my “everyday lipgloss bag” I am usually met with incredulous stares and the inevitable question of “What is that?!”.  I lug around a sizeable makeup bag filled with lipsticks and lipglosses of similar colour every day in my bag. A few other products have found their way into my pouch over time, and it is absolutely my security blanket. I have a sense of panic when I have accidentally left it at work once or twice and I never go anywhere without it. I thought I would do a post showing the contents of it, as reading about this sort of thing generally thrills me. (I’m weird, I know).

 


I ordered this particular makeup bag from Forever 21 during an Extra 50% off sale items sale. (AKA Bri’s Superbowl). It ended up costing me about $1.50. I never expected it to last as long as it has, and it has been about a year and a half that I’ve been using it. This thing has been through the mill, and it still looks and feels new. It is the perfect size to fit all my everyday lipcolours.

 
MAC lipglosses in (from bottom) Snob, Saint Germain and Underage


I will start off with my most used items. These three lipglosses from MAC are the things I find myself reaching for most often. By now you have read about how much I love MAC lipgloss in Snob. I also have Saint Germain (a more pigmented pink shade) and Underage (a very pale peach).

 


 
The newest additions to the bag are from Urban Decay. I got the Sheer Revolution lipstick in Sheer Obsessed and the Naked lipgloss in Lovechild. I really like the Sheer Revolution lipstick. I really don’t like the Naked lipgloss. More on that later.

 


A few more MAC lip products that reside here are the Patent Polish Lip pencil in Innocent (basically a gloss stick and the colour is a pale pink shade) MAC lipstick in Pretty Please (my all-time favourite MAC lipstick, my signature lip colour of a light pale pink) and a lipstick from a past summer collection in Naturally Eccentric. (I rarely use that one, the shade is so light nude you look like a corpse when applying it on it’s own).

 


One of my favourite lip products of all time is my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Candeur. It is amazing and I am obsessed with it (Sheer shimmery light pink colour). I bought the Dior Addict gloss in Fastes from the spring 2015 collection about 2 months ago. It is a super sparkly pink colour (Are we noticing a trend yet??) and although I think it’s beautiful, it’s almost too sparkly. Is that even a thing in my world? I guess so.

 


I added the Nars lipgloss in Turkish Delight to my everyday stash when I rediscovered it not too long ago. I am not as in love with it as I used to be, so I don’t wear it every single day. But it’s still been fun to rediscover. I also got the Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover for free from Sephora about a few years ago with my beauty insider points. It’s another gloss stick and I don’t wear it very often since it is a deeper rose pink colour. But every time I do, I really like it and make a mental note to check out the other shades of this particular lip gloss stick next time I am in Sephora. I never remember, and it’s probably for the best.

 


The Smashbox lipstick in Pout is on its last legs and I am so close to finishing it. I also received the NYX Butter Gloss in Éclair in my Ipsy bag a few months ago (I will explain Ipsy later) and I have been loving it. Super creamy non sticky lipgloss in a sheer pink shade.

 

Good old Blistex chapstick (gold standard) and a Bourjois 3D Max lipgloss in #68 (rose sparkly lipgloss my friend Michele gave to me) round out my lip products.

 


I keep a tube of the MAC In Extreme Dimension mascara in here since I often apply my mascara when I get to the office and for some unknown reason I found the remnants of a MAC eyeliner in Smolder (a grey-ish black) at the bottom of the bag. It has seen better days and I don’t even know how it got in there in the first place.

 


I keep some travel sized perfume products in here as well, as I love perfume and I love to smell good. Victoria’s Secret perfume in Basic Instinct has long been a favourite of mine. I have a few rollerballs of my all-time favourite perfume Givenchy Very Irresistible in here as well. I threw a Britney Spears Fantasy travel fragrance bottle and a sample of the Victoria’s Secret fragrance Bombshell in my bag as well because I like variety and I have quite a few to use up. My trusty Travelo fragrance spray bottle is always in here as well but I can’t remember exactly what perfume I have in here now. I think it’s Juicy Couture but I don’t know for sure. Oh well.

 


I have a little pocket compact mirror I ordered from Forever 21 (pretty sure it was $1) and my Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter as always. I also have a little pocket sized hand sanitizer from Christmas in the Candy Cane scent.

 


Randomly, I have a ton of bobby pins and hair elastics strewn about at the very bottom because apparently I am terrified of possibly ever being without both.

 

So I guess what I can take away from this is that if I ever find myself stranded with just the contents of my everyday lipgloss bag, if there is ever a pink lipgloss shortage I should be good till 2025.

No comments:

Post a Comment