Saturday 18 April 2015

Ain't nobody fresher than my clique (continued)


“I’m really worried about Mischa Barton”.


These words slowly poured into my soul, coating every inch, making me feel something strangely familiar…. Like I was home. I was a girl of about nineteen, young and impressionable. At the time this sentence was spoken I was at work and chatting with my manager as she filled me in on the day’s events, prepping me to take on the evening shift when she left for the day. I was entering my third or fourth month of my employment and Michele was already proving herself to be my favourite boss I ever had. Hilarious, kind, sassy and beautiful, she would epitomize the term “Woman who takes no s***”. I thoroughly enjoyed our brief chats while we did our crossover “meetings”. Up till then, we kept it pretty simple. She knew about my boyfriend at the time who bought me Britney Spears perfume and who was a “little too nice”. I knew about her new home she and her husband had purchased and about her nemesis, Chocolate Bar Stealer. But it was this statement about a troubled young starlet from the popular at the time TV show “The O.C” that changed our relationship forever. Incredulously, I looked at her and murmured “Me too”. It was then that our souls clicked, and we instantly would be forever bonded. We became extremely close, sharing personal anecdotes, some hysterically funny and some darker. We gossiped constantly, mostly about celebrities both A-List and obscure, however occasionally someone known simply as “Uncle” would make an appearance in our discussions. I have told her my deepest, darkest thoughts and she knows me better than most. I have never felt judged by her, not even when I told her I watched “Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood” or when I confided in her in the front corner of the fragrance section I suspected I was pregnant with my son. We have been close friends for almost 10 years, and we will be for many more.


And Mischa Barton, if you are reading this, Michele and I both hope you’re doing well.


When did you first start wearing makeup?

I always wanted makeup. I wanted those little “Tinkerbell” kits when I was little and I had this Barbie head that I could put makeup on and do her hair. We shared. I started wearing blue eyeshadow and clear lipgloss from Maybelline that came in a little rollerball when I was about eleven and a half. It was the height of glamour.


What is your favourite overall brand of makeup?

I’m going to have to say L’Oreal. Several of my staples come from the brand and I always repurchase.


Where is your favourite place to shop for beauty products?

Shoppers! I’m there every day so it’s super convenient!


Who is your biggest beauty inspiration?

Besides yourself… I follow Tati on YouTube and I love everything she does. She likes high and low end and she’s just looking for the best. That’s what I try to do.


If you could go shopping with anyone, who would it be?

Probably Oprah.


What is your one favourite all-time TV show?

Breaking Bad


What is your “Happy Place”?

A Friday night in the summer on my deck with a laptop, wine and a “Real Housewives” of anywhere. It’s like a warm bath for my brain.


What is your favourite makeup product you have bought in 2015?

A Dior lipgloss that feels fancy. It’s so pretty. I don’t even love the gloss I just love the packaging. I have problems.


What is your signature look?

Pink cheeks, berry lips and a bit of eye makeup. I really like bright glossy lips in pink or berry.


Favourite colour?

In makeup? Pink. Almost all shades. In other stuff, bright blue.

Any bad beauty habits?

Okay. I’m going to be real honest. I thought about this for a while and this is terrible! I was going to say something like, “I don’t always apply sunscreen”. But the truth is I always lick the little brush that I use to apply brow powder! WHO IS GOING TO READ THIS??


Dream job?

I would love to be a talk show host. Or a professional talk show guest. That would be amazing.


Lastly, what are 3 things you would bring with you to a desert island?

Sunscreen. Cause I’d probably literally die without it. A giant box of wine. And a book. I think I’d be fine until the wine ran out, in a day or two.

By the way, I love this. It feels like I’m being interviewed for US Weekly. Another aspiration.

2 comments:

  1. YOU are actually the best! Hahaha! I love you. I'm impressed/ terrified how you remember everything! I forgot all about poor Mischa. Everything else made me flash back to that time and crazy place. I met some of the best people in my life there and also the most insane. You fall into the former. I'll get to tell everyone when your running your own multi media empire that I knew you when! Lucky me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever forget you were the one who introduced me to this world :) Thank you for always believing in me no matter what!

    ReplyDelete