Thursday 16 April 2015

Marshalls haul


Winners strikes again.

 

Actually, let’s get something right. It wasn’t technically Winners, rather Marshalls, an almost identical store. In fact it the two stores are owned by the same company, so I’m not quite sure why they both exist simultaneously. But, they do. I have had extremely good luck with Marshalls ever since it opened last year in my city. I don’t go there very often, as it isn’t near my house and to be honest, I forget about it probably because I am trolling the aisles of Winners so much. But, every time I have gone, I have usually come away with great finds. Probably the greatest ever Marshalls find for me has been a pair of Diesel jeans for my son I found IN HIS SIZE last year. I couldn’t speak I was so excited and he still wears them to this day. They are completely intact and still look brand new. I’d say I got my money’s worth.

 


On a sporadic solo trip to the city on my lunch hour one day this week, I found some pretty great things.

 


A second pair of Fidelity jeans and they were $18. I was doing mental backflips all the way to the till. I actually wanted a pair of black jeans and I can’t wait to wear these.

 


A fitted denim shirt/jacket type thing from Levi’s. I will admit I have not worn Levi’s since I was probably 10 years old, but when I tried this on it fit like a glove and felt so nice. I will be rocking this over maxi dresses for sure this summer. Maybe even wearing it as a shirt with my black Fidelity jeans, buttoned up and with a big statement necklace. I love a good denim shirt. On a sidenote, the price tag from the Levi’s store said $68…. I paid $19.99. Score!

 


This laidback, loose fitting beachy type top from Billabong isn’t normally something that would catch my eye. I actually did a triple take when I was sorting through tops on the rack when I found this. I went to pass it by, then stopped, then went to pass it by again, and then stopped again. I decided to try it on “just to see”. I actually liked how it looked and felt when I did try it on in the fitting room, and decided to add it to my purchases. I am keeping the tags on it for now though, and being a TJX member I do have 30 days to decide whether or not this has a permanent home in my closet.

 
 


As I lined up to check out, this notebook caught my eye. Since starting this blog, I have been very organized with my plans and ideas. I have a planner that I have been using for not just the blog, but for my life, and I also carry a little notebook in my bag with me every day specifically so I can jot down ideas I may have when they come to me. I could not put down this beautiful notebook though, and I am sure I will find use for it right away. And it was only $5, so I thought that was a great price for a good quality notebook such as this one.

 

All in all, my total for a pair of designer label jeans, a denim jacket, a sweater and a notebook was $60. Another successful trip to Marshalls!

No comments:

Post a Comment