Thursday 21 May 2015

Weekend Warrior


Welcome back, Bri!



I took a little “Staycation” this past May Long Weekend and went off the grid. Sadly, this meant abandoning my sweet little blog as well. I didn’t even do anything cool, or go anywhere exciting. My son and I hung out around home, and we just relaxed. It was awesome but it’s back to the grind now. I wanted to highlight some random things I have loved over the weekend.




Snapchat with my new hat that I sent to my friends.... Aspirations for a Beaumont edition??


I have been loving Forever 21 lately. They have had some wicked “coupons” come through to my email over the past few months and I have been quite impressed with everything I have seen from their “new arrivals” portion of their website. Usually, I shop online for everything from Forever 21. There is such a sense of peace to be had from opening my laptop at my own leisure and casually trolling through the website. I have ordered COUNTLESS times from Forever21.com, so much so that I know my sizing in every different style of clothing like the back of my hand. I recently visited a new location of Forever 21 as it opened recently and I had an email discount code for 40% off a regular priced item. I was quite pleased with my finds: a cream coloured lacy tank, a brick coloured satin-y sleeveless top, and a floppy hat, perfect for wine day-drinking on a deck during the summer. Total cost for all three: $32. Score!







Sephora.com. It has been so good lately, and the free samples have been on fire. Whenever you order from Sephora, you get the choice of three samples, usually from around a selection of 10 or so. I always like to choose fragrance samples, as I find they are the most useful to me. However over the weekend they had a mascara sample and an eyemakeup remover sample available which I thought was amazing. It is a genius way to try new things without the risk of investing (a lot of) money in these products. More often than not, I have fallen in love with the things I have sampled. Wait. On second thought, this is actually a dangerous situation, and should probably be stopped immediately. You know, for the sake of my bank account.






Drinks in a pitcher. We had a Sunday Funday on the 17th and hung out on the deck all afternoon while we waited for GOT to start that night. (I can’t even talk about that….) I decided to make summer-y type drinks to celebrate the beautiful weather outside but didn’t really have any specific kind of recipe to follow. I started with making mango juice from a Minute Maid frozen can, adding half a bottle of Sprite and half a 26 of Malibu rum. It was delicious and quickly disappeared. For the next batch, I made peach punch, also from frozen, and added the other half bottle of Sprite and half a 26 of raspberry vodka and blue caracao. It was beyond. It tasted exactly like a blue freezie.








The Mindy Project. I went on a Mindy Project bender this weekend and watched the entire third season again over the course of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night. I love that show so much, and am still quite upset it was cancelled. The episodes are so fast paced and jam-packed with dialogue, hilarious jokes and beautiful clothes. Everything I love. Also, Morgan Tookers might be my favourite character ever on a sitcom. Hysterical.





My True Religion jeans. I wore them every day this weekend and realized all over again just how much I love them. They fit like a glove, are perfectly “worn in” and feel beyond comfortable. “Truly” (get it?) obsessed.


MAC lipstick in Girl About Town

The Bachelorette. The new season started on Monday and my girl Kaitlyn was chosen to be the star! As I write this I am proudly sporting her signature MAC Girl About Town lipstick in her honour. I am pumped for the new season and by the looks of things, to quote Chris Harrison, it’s shaping up to be the “most dramatic season ever”.




Those were just a few of my most enjoyed things this past weekend. Looking forward to the weekend ahead where I can chill out again with my kid. And blogging everything, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment