Tuesday 5 May 2015

The obsession is real




In case you haven’t noticed, I am someone who is quite “passionate” about things I love. When I find something I can’t get enough of, I fly that flag loud and proud. Well, Starbucks is no exception. Addicted, obsessed and infatuated are just three words that come to mind when I think about it. I HAVE to have Starbucks once a day or my whole world is completely thrown off. And I am extremely particular about my drink orders. As I stated in a previous post, each morning I wake up with every intention to stop at Starbucks on my way to work. On the mornings where I get my butt in gear early enough and actually get to make that happen, my morning Starbucks order is always the same and always perfection. A Venti Cinnamon Dolce Latte, extra hot. I started drinking these exactly one year ago and I have been hopelessly addicted ever since. Sometimes I start to place my order with the intention of ordering something different, and every time the voice crackles over the ordering screen, I immediately revert to my treasured Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Last year, I drank them with such frequency that one day my friend Maegen grabbed my cup out of my hand and sipped it “to see what all the fuss is about” since I raved about how delicious they are on the daily. She immediately loved it as well. One time Jordan decided to surprise us with coffees from Starbucks but forgot the name of my signature drink. We laughed hysterically as he recounted the tale of him going up to the barista at Starbucks and ordering  “Two Dolce and Gabanna’s please”. We have since always referred to the Cinnamon Dolce Latte as such. The drink is just so….. cozy. It instantly relaxes me and I feel the stress just melt away. I am completely obsessed.

 
Cinnamon Dolce Latte

My favourite summer time drink has got to be the Passion Tea Lemonade. I started drinking these quite some time ago, and they are so refreshing and light. I have since tweaked it slightly, to put a little “Bri” spin on it. I order a tall Raspberry Peach Passion Tea Lemonade with half the amount of ice and it is absolutely delicious. Definitely a summer time must have.

 
Passion Tea Lemonade

The reason why I chose to write this post is because this week is the week I look forward to all year long. From May 1-10, it is Frappucino Happy Hour from 3-5. Also, since I am a Gold Card member, it is extended an extra hour, till 6pm. All frappucinos are HALF PRICE. I look forward to this time probably more than I should. I have been on a tear since Friday, ordering my favourite frapp in the world….. the Raspberry Mocha frappucino every day around 5pm. IT IS SO GOOD. My mouth is watering and I am getting the shakes just thinking about how on the way home from work I get to swing by Starbucks and get my fix. I highly recommend it if you like sweet, creamy, cold and coffee based drinks. My son loves the strawberries and cream frappucino as there is no coffee in it whatsoever. Pretty much a glorified milkshake. When May 10 is over I will be one sad Bri, knowing that it will be another year before Frappucino Happy Hour is upon us once more.

 
Raspberry Mocha Frappucino 

I love Starbucks probably more than I should. I would love to hear what your favourite drinks are. Either comment below or send me an email from the “Contact me by email” section. Lord knows I need another excuse to go to Starbucks and try a new drink.

Gold Card Member represent yo

No comments:

Post a Comment