Wednesday 6 May 2015

Creepin'



As you all know by now, I am extremely intrigued by the likes/dislikes, preferences and favourites of my friends. By now, they are used to random questions being asked of them about anything under the sun, and/or me bursting into the room usually with a pen and paper in hand, shouting various questions about eyeshadow at them and then promptly spinning around and vanishing without warning. Well, my best friend Natalie is no exception to the above. She must be used to these types of surprise attacks where I descend upon her office, asking her strange questions about how her lipgloss makes her feel while I rifle through her gym bag, looking for clues. Hey, I own my crazy loud and proud. On such an occasion a few weeks ago, I took her makeup bag that she brings everyday to work with her hostage and examined the contents carefully, all the while asking her why she has chose the makeup she has. My findings were of quite an interest to me, and I proudly take credit for a few things she keeps in her "must-haves" everyday makeup bag. I have told Natalie how much it means to me, and quite honestly excites me, how much she loves makeup and how much of an interest she shows in it. We can talk about the benefits of mascara for twelve hours and I'm not even kidding. I'm so thankful we came into eachothers lives and how close we are. Now let's get into her makeup bag! (With her permission, of course.)


Smashbox Full Exposure Eyeshadow palette




 I was actually with Natalie when she bought the Smashbox Full Exposure eyeshadow palette. If there was an eyeshadow palette that screamed "Natalie"..... this one would be it. I think she would agree with me saying that it was love at first sight when she laid eyes upon this gorgeous palette. The colours are beautiful neutrals, and can be worn with any outfit, hairstyle, lip colour or makeup look. I had actually bought the Smashbox Double Exposure palette a few weeks prior to this shopping trip, so I was showing it to her when she saw this one. As she ooohed and ahhhed and started playing with the eyeshadows, I started looking at it in a whole new light. I had seen this palette 100 times before, and never really gave it a second glance since I own quite a few "neutral" eyeshadow palettes, the Urban Decay Naked ones being the most similar. But as she sped off towards the till to purchase it, brandishing it proudly and gushing about how she couldn't wait to try it out when she got home, I was consumed with jealousy. NO ONE HAS SOMETHING COOL THAT I DON'T ALREADY HAVE. NO ONE. 

I bought it later that night. 




Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette


 The Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette has been an obsession of Natalie's ever since it came out. When she talks about it, I can actually feel the love she has for this elegant and sultry eyeshadow palette. She mentioned it as her product she can't live without in her questionnaire I posted, and for good reason. It's a stunning palette and the colours are right up her alley. The names of the shades have definitely more of an "adult" tone, and after inspecting it for this post, I was almost unable to communicate the words "You know you have an eyeshadow named French Tickler, right?" due to laughing so hard. And yes, this was absolutely another jealousy purchase by me, on our Last Supper shopping trip.

MAC Cremeblend blush in Brit Wit and Smashbox Blush Rush in Flush

This is another "Proud Makeup Mama" moment for me. When we were shopping (the same day she got the Smashbox eye palette) Natalie was asking me for a good blush recommendation. Well, it just so happens that one of my favourite blushes is the Smashbox Blush Rush in the shade Flush. This one looks good on EVERYBODY. I have used it on other people of varying skin tones, and it looks very pretty, and well, gives a "flushed" appearance that is both natural and beautiful. No exception with Natalie. Every time she wears it I immediately compliment her, because it enhances her natural beauty so exquisitely. I have this blush as well and although I don't wear it in favor of some MAC ones I am trying to use up right now, seeing how much Natalie has enjoyed it definitely inspires me to rediscover it again. I was also with her during a shopping trip to MAC where she was in search of the perfect cream blush. After trying several out, Brit Wit was the obvious choice. It is a lovely pinkish-nude shade, and looks amazing on her.

Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation, MAC Pro Longwear concealer and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish 

I won't go into detail on the Clinique Redness Solutions foundation, as you can read Natalie's testimony here. She uses the shade Calming Alabaster. She also swears by the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15 and loves the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. Natalie only uses the Skinfinish powder as a highlighter on her upper cheekbones as she doesn't want to "look like a f-ing disco ball." (In her words.)

Smashbox 24 Hour eyeshadow primer and MAC eyeshadows

CoverGirl Clump Crusher Lashblast mascara, MAC Technakohl eyeliner, MAC Kohl eyeliner and Urban Decay 24/7  liner

Natalie keeps the Smashbox 24 Hour eyeshadow primer in her makeup bag but doesn't use it very often. It actually came as a "bonus" in the Full Exposure eyeshadow palette which I thought was kind of awesome. I like this primer, and the tube lasts for quite some time. She also has two MAC eyeshadows in two of my favourite shades, All That Glitters ( a shimmery champagne colour) and Wedge ( a matte browny-beige colour). She also has her all-time favourite mascara, the CoverGirl Clump Crusher Lashblast mascara in Very Black. You can't even talk to her about mascaras without her climbing up on her soapbox and doing her best Town Crier impression all while bellowing the Clump Crusher's merits. (HEAR YE, HEAR YE...) She also has the MAC Technakohl eyeliner in Brownborder and the MAC Eye Kohl in Costa Riche. (Both of which I believe were in her Christmas gift from me a few years ago.) The Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eye pencil in Oil Slick is another one of her new favourites, purchased also during the The Last Supper trip.

MAC lipsticks

MAC lipgloss and CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss stick

Although Natalie isn't too regimented about her lip colours, she does keep a few on hand in case the mood arises. She claims she wears her MAC Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick every morning, and I never believed her until I made her apply it in front of me one morning and realized that yes, I do see her briefly in the mornings sporting it until it wears off. She also has the MAC lipstick in Angel (Kim Kardashian's personal favourite) and the MAC Viva Glam V lipgloss as well. She does have the CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo gloss in #210 in her bag, however Natalie admits it hasn't seen the light of day in quite a while.

L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner and Travalo fragrance spray bottle

I think Natalie would agree with me when I say that the L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip liquid eyeliner in Carbon Black is her desert island product. More often that not, I see her frantically applying it in her vehicle or office, all the while muttering how she "needs" it to look "alive". Good old L'Oreal, they really have some amazing products. The Travalo fragrance spray bottle was in her Christmas gift from me just this past one, and she keeps her signature scent in it, Dior J'Adore. These travel fragrance spray bottles are a Godsend, and I am also obsessed with mine. The perfect way to make sure your fragrance is always within reach.


 Well, of course she needs a makeup bag to put it all in. I believe she got this one from Winners (best place ever) for around $10 or so. When I asked her about it, she said "I love it, and although it is the perfect size for all my things, I would want it to be a bit bigger. Okay on second thought, probably not. I would just fill it with more makeup."



Besties

2 comments:

  1. Awww I love that picture. I've never seen it before 💗 Oh and that Covergirl lipstick was supposed to be our little secret....I have hoarding issues lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I told you I would share it with the world if you didn't get rid of it..... Don't threaten me with a good time!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete