Sunday 3 May 2015

Steal of a Deal


 

I am notoriously a makeup “snob”. I never shop the makeup wall in the drugstore. High-end is how I prefer my makeup. There is just something so luxurious about it, and I am willing to pay the money for a high-quality product. With that being said, there are a few things in my line up that are drugstore and low priced, and in my humble opinion, they are the best. (For me, anyway).

 
Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Facial Cleanser


The Neutrogena Foaming Face Cleanser is the best face wash I have ever used. I tend to have breakout prone skin, and I was constantly on the lookout for a good facial cleanser that would actually do the job of removing the layers of makeup I pack on every day without breaking me out or leaving my skin too dry. I tried everything. Vichy, Shiseido, Lancome…. You name it and I have tried it. Nothing worked. It wasn’t until about two years ago I decided to give the Neutrogena one a try. As I write this I am racking my brain trying to think of what made me buy it in the first place. Maybe it was on sale? I honestly cannot remember why. Anyways, I ended up falling in love with it. It is THE best face wash I have ever used. It takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling supple, and not tight and dry as so many of the foaming ones do. The only criticism I would give it is that it doesn’t really “foam” up at all. Maybe it is because I wear so much makeup and maybe because I use a face cloth to wash my face with it. But I never notice a “lather” or a “foaming” effect. It’s definitely not the end of the world by any means. Just if I had so say anything at all negative about it that would be it.

 
L'Oreal Gentle Makeup Remover


For eye makeup remover, nothing beats the L’Oreal Waterproof eye makeup remover. It is THE BEST. This is another product where again, I have used many different brands over the years, some high end and some not. This is something that I refuse to be without. I stock up on it whenever it goes on sale. I probably have about four backups in my storage room because the thought of running out when I need it is inconceivable. I wear a lot of eye makeup, and some quite difficult to remove mascara and this takes everything off without leaving residue, left-behind mascara smudges or the greasy feel of a waterproof makeup remover. I AM OBSESSED. I will never use another eye makeup remover. Why would I? This one does everything I want it to and costs a fraction of the price of a high end one.

 
Ivory Lavender Body Wash


It’s no secret I love a good bubble bath in my life. I don’t have them nearly as much as I should, but when I do, I am always reminded by how good for my soul they are. I love soaking the stress of my day away in a tub of steaming hot water filled with succulent bubbles and watching Netflix on my iPad set up in the corner. Usually there is a glass of wine involved, not gonna lie. I’ve tried many different kinds of bubble bath products over the years. But I do have a confession to make. For the past 6 months I have used the Ivory body wash in Lavender in lieu of actual bubble bath gel. It is cost effective, does the same exact thing and smells wonderfully relaxing. It also costs about $2.99 (when it is on sale) and comes in a rather large bottle, compared to some bubble baths at Bath and Body Works which cost double or triple the price for half the size.

 
 
Blistex Lip Medex is the gold standard in my books for a lip moisturizer. Over the years I have tried to go “cooler” with my lip treatment choices. I’ve tried many different brands and nothing compares to good old Blistex. It’s nothing fancy but gets the job done. It is definitely one of those “security blanket” products I refuse to ever be without and has a secure home inside my lipgloss clutch.

 

I’m trying to be a little more adventurous with drugstore products. I recently bought a few drugstore makeup products to try so when I start using them, I can definitely let you guys know what I think. Doesn’t sound like anything too groundbreaking but to a diehard makeup “snob” like myself, it’s quite a feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment