Wednesday 13 May 2015

Lipgloss for days


I have been on a bit of a lipgloss kick lately. And by “a bit”, I mean “a giant” lipgloss kick. It seems the trend of a bold lip is here to stay, at least for a little while. I have been all over the MAC lipglosses for the past few weeks. Yes, I have got some things from the newer collections, but I actually discovered a few staples as well from their core product lines. Lipglosses aren’t usually something I look at when I am in MAC. The new collections, the lipsticks, and the brushes are usually the usual suspects I browse through on my travels through the store. As I write this post, I am trying to remember the last time I even looked at their lipglosses. Probably when I was doing a “Back 2 MAC” a year ago and I grabbed another Snob and Saint Germain restock. The MAC lipglosses have been screaming my name it seems for the past month. I have hardly been able to control myself around them, and have been amassing them at a concerning (to some) speed.




MAC Cremesheen Glass in Japanese Spring and Pagoda







MAC Cremesheen Lipglass in Fashion Scoop and MAC lipstick in Catty


I picked up a few lipglosses from the MAC Is Beauty collection. Actually, three glosses and a lipstick. I stopped in MAC quickly about a month ago to see the new collection. I wasn't really into the eyeshadows, nailpolishes or eyeshadows that belonged to the new MAC Is Beauty collection. To be honest I didn't really like any of it at all. The colours were all quite pastel, and I do not enjoy pastel colours at all. However I took a liking to some of the glosses, or "lip glass" as it's known to MAC. I chose the shades Japanese Spring ( a lilac-y ice-pink), Pagoda, ( a deeper baby pink) and Fashion Scoop ( a pale baby pink). The lipstick needed to come home with me as well. The shade Catty is a peachy pink that will be great for summer. 





                                                  


                                                
   
MAC Lipglass in Girl About Town and Candy Yum-Yum

 
                                               
                                                             MAC Mineralize lipgloss in Tender

MAC Cremesheen Lipglass in Long Love Love and Full Speed Ahead


I also purchased some lipglosses from the core MAC makeup line. Core means that they always carry these shades and they are not limited edition. As I stated previously, I never give the lipglosses at MAC a second glance. However, as I have been all about lip products lately, I found some pretty glosses that I would've never even batted an eye at earlier. Kaitlyn Bristowe's new season of The Bachelorette commences on Monday and to say I am excited about it would be an understatement. I got her signature MAC lipstick when she was on The Bachelor, Girl About Town, and I was shocked to see they had a matching gloss. This was a no-brainer, as was the matching gloss to another great hot pink lipstick, Candy Yum-Yum. I also wanted to try a Mineralize lipgloss or lipstick, as I am in a love affair with the Mineralize blush. I chose the shade Tender because it is my signature shade of light pink, and I can never have enough pink lipglosses, right? Rounding up my lipgloss shopping spree were two of their Cremesheen shades, Long Love Love (a bright medium pink) and Full Speed Ahead (a deeper hot pink.)





It will be a loooong time before I let myself buy any more lipglosses. I think I have enough just with this haul to quell the makeup demon that lurks within.




At least for the next week, anyway.







No comments:

Post a Comment