Monday 4 May 2015

April Favourites


It’s that time again….. time for my monthly favourites. The month of April was stressful and busy for me, but I did get some can’t-live-without-them things out of it, so I guess it’s not a complete write-off.

 
Wet N Wild Mega Last lipstick in Cherry Picking



I can’t do this post without mentioning the Wet N Wild Mega Last lipstick in Cherry Picking. I wore this several times throughout the month of April and every single time without fail, someone complimented me on it. It really is the perfect shade of magenta, and I will talk to anyone who will listen to my insane rantings on what an absolutely amazing lipstick the Wet N Wild ones are. Love. Obsessed. Bye.

 
Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes mascara


The Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes is quickly becoming my Holy Grail of mascara. I am obsessed with it ever since a Beauty Expert at Murale threw a deluxe sample of it in my bag last summer. The brush reminds me a lot of the L’Oreal Voluminous mascara which has long been a OG favourite of mine. I am obsessed with this mascara. It makes your lashes look extremely full and almost “false lashes” looking without clumping whatsoever. I recommend it to everyone looking for a new mascara to try and I get almost giddy with excitement over it. Lancome, you hit it out of the park again.

 
My Go-To shade for April: Half Baked

Used so much of Darkhorse for my crease this month that I hit pan


On a previous post where I discussed rediscovering old favourites, the original Urban Decay Naked palette was something I mentioned falling in love with again. I have used it almost exclusively for the entire month of April and I have absolutely loved every eyeshadow look I have created with it. The colours are so up my alley, a medley of brown shades from light to dark, with some beautiful bronze and gold tones as well. I have been LOVING my Naked palette this past month. Just one palette gives me the opportunity to create daytime looks as well as more sultrier night time look as well. I find myself excited about my morning makeup routine because I know I will get to reach for my beloved Naked palette again. An absolute favourite.

Hello my lovely
 

I know this was in my March favourites but I still can’t get over the Dior powder foundation brush. I am literally obsessed with it and stalk it on the daily. I feel sometimes like I want to elope with it and I am not even kidding. I LOVE IT SO FRICKEN MUCH. Everyone who wears powder foundation needs it in their life.

 
New album from Little Big Town


Girl Crush by Little Big Town is in heavy rotation in my life. My friend Nicole and I are both OBSESSED with it and I am just waiting for our wine-soaked live performance of the song to come to life at some point this summer. It is so beautiful, haunting and completely original. I actually held my son and I hostage in my vehicle in a parking lot once while it was playing just so I could let it finish. Complete favourite, and judging by how much I play it, could be one for quite some time.

Yaaaaas
 
Well, this one goes without saying. Game Of Thrones. As I write this, it has been not even 24 hours since the latest episode aired on Sunday night and I have spent most of my day consumed with theories, thoughts and feelings on what we witnessed last night. I thought last week’s episode was amazing, and this one completely knocked it out of the park. My obsession is so rampant that I told some friends of mine that if I ever get married I want to walk down the aisle to the theme song. I also started taking into consideration how certain character’s names would sound if I ever had another child and I have approached Natalie on more than one occasion that “if she really wanted to" (As if this statement ever came out of her mouth...) I guess I would go to Comic-Con with her. (Could you imagine? Meet my new son, Rhaegar. Complete insanity.) I look forward to Sunday evenings like Christmas each and every week. We also have started a tradition that I have talked about previously where we have Sunday Dinner and GOT on Sunday nights which has quickly become another favourite of mine. Amazing does not even begin to describe every episode. Even as I am writing this, my heart is aching for this TV show, and the sheer influence it has over me. I have turned into one of “those people” who don cloaks and engage in battle reenactments. My love for GOT is so profound that I simply do not even care anymore to hide it.
 
I already can't wait for next month's favourites and we are only four days in.... looks like May is shaping up to be a good makeup filled month!

No comments:

Post a Comment