Monday 30 March 2015

This girl ain't loyal


I ain’t loyal (concerning makeup.... everything else I am to a fault. Let that be a disclaimer).

 

Although my makeup destination of choice is Shoppers, (Hello points!) it is not the only place I go to get my beauty product fix. I am definitely a MAC girl and always love to stop in and see what’s new. Quite a few of my everyday go-to items are MAC and I have come to rely on them as tried-and-true gold standards. There is also another place that I am known to frequent as well.

 

Sephora.

 
 
 
Car selfie (wearing my new Peach Poppy Maybelline lipstick)
 


This bustling, eye-catching, signature black and white striped store has long been a firmly planted institution for makeup fanatics. Although the atmosphere can seem quite overwhelming and chaotic at times due to the crowded nature of the floor lay-out, I do enjoy popping in now and again to see what’s new with Too Faced, Tarte and Marc Jacobs, the only three brands I am interested in that Shoppers doesn’t carry. This weekend I had to go to the mall to pick up some things for my sister and friend from MAC and while I was there I couldn’t resist the magnetic pull that I started to feel when I started to make my way down the mall out towards the parking lot. Maybe I would just quickly go, just to see what’s new. Yeah, I could do that, right? Just to see. In my defense, I HAD A 10% OFF MY NEXT PURCHASE CARD. So, you know, it was financially responsible to go. Sephora does not ever have sales, so I might as well just go see if there was anything I needed.

 

I needed something from Sephora like I needed a hole in the head.

 

With that deranged delusion swirling around in my head, I made my way to the famed beauty emporium. Last time I was there (which wasn’t too long ago….) I was very interested in the new Marc Jacobs contouring compact. They didn’t have my colour (Medium) so I wasn’t able to get it that day. Also, the very sweet and helpful Sephora staff member I was talking to that day showed me her favourite contouring brush she uses, which they were also sold out of. Sad day, indeed. However, upon my last visit, they had re-stocked their supply of both items, so I was able to purchase them. I also picked up two of the Too Faced Melted lipsticks. I had bought my first one a few weeks ago, and a love affair ensued after my first wear. Quite simply, they are the coolest. Bearing the resemblance of a lipgloss but the formula being nothing like one, the sponge applicator gently applies the perfect matte lipcolour on the desired area of your lips. The colour payoff is insane to be frank. I heard about them from my favourite Youtube “beauty guru” MakeupbyTiffanyD, and after much deliberation I decided to splurge and add one to my collection. Being $25 apiece, I definitely thought they were on the expensive side so I decided to try one to start to see how I liked it. On a sidenote, the fact that I was hesitant to spend $25 on a lipstick is laughable considering how I will drop $40+ on a Chanel or Dior one at Shoppers no questions asked because I get a discount. I am all kinds of crazy. Anyway, I chose the Melted Sugar one that day and instantly fell in love. It is the most perfect nude shade I have ever experienced. So when I was approaching the endless lineup to pay for my two new contouring products, I had to stop at the Too Faced section to choose another colour. Two more made their way into my hands and although I have not had a chance to wear them yet, I am so excited to. Melted Candy and Melted Jelly Donut were the lucky two I decided I couldn’t live without. Justifying them was simple enough, right? I technically got a discount from a store that does not ever offer them.

 
The aftermath of a lipstick swatching festival
 


Saturday Goodies
 
 
Pretend this post doesn’t exist in November during the Sephora VIB 25% discount weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment