Tuesday 24 March 2015

Make it rain


I’m a hoarder. A points hoarder to be exact.

 


One of my most prized posessions. I'll never throw it away.


 
One of my favourite places to shop for my makeup is Shoppers Drug Mart. It has radically changed from the small drugstore I remember as a child into a Beauty Mecca. What sets Shoppers apart from say, Sephora (they carry almost the identical brands if you go to a Boutique store) is their points system. Yes yes, Sephora also has a points system, but it absolutely pales in comparison to Shoppers. I am known to my inner circle as the “Points Queen”. Basically, if you are unfamiliar with Optimum points, you get 10 points for every dollar you spend. Which translate into money off your purchase. However, they often have “20x the points” days. Those days, my friends, are THE days to shop. I have accumulated and “spent” my points more often that I can remember. The most recent time was a few weeks ago. One of my best friends and I decided we would do our yearly journey to Calgary to “spend” our points there. Before you start gently reminding me there are PLENTY of stores in my area, it wasn’t a Shoppers store we were after. Rather, Murale. Murale is a very high end makeup store, almost identical to Sephora. The only thing sold is makeup. Murale is also owned by Shoppers, therefore our points were valid there. So, we set off on our journey a few Saturday’s ago. I got quite a good haul, as I had the maximum amount to redeem a few times over. I haven’t played with much of anything of the items I bought yet, but upon first glance I am drooling over everything I chose.

 

Two girls, One destination


Bobbi Brown seemed to be the line of choice for reasons unknown. I actually went with the plan that most of the products I would buy would be Nars or Chanel. I ended up buying extremely little of those brands. I was extremely impressed with everything Bobbi Brown I saw. Nude eyeshadow colours have been at the forefront of my obsessions as of late, and a few palettes found their way into my basket. A bronzer and a blush also were added along with the aforementioned brushes from my last post. Well done Bobbi Brown, well done.

 

Being as this was a high-end prestige makeup store, YSL also had a role in my purchases. I chose a beautiful eye palette again in the nude brown tones I have been loving. A lipstick in a stunning fuschia colour and a pressed powder foundation rounded out my Nars choices. I also repurchased a beautiful Chanel lipgloss stick I had bought a few years ago on another Murale trip. A last minute impulse check-out addition of the LaVanilla Coconut fragrance roller ball and we were set. I waltzed out of the store only having to fork over a minimal amount of my own money.

 

Things happened.


I felt like The Wolf Of Wall Street. If I could literally throw money in the air and have hip-hop outro music, a smoke machine and a strobe light as I walked out of the store I would’ve.

 

Maybe I’ll buy that experience with my points next time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment