Friday 27 March 2015

Power Lunch


Thought I would share a mini-haul from my lunch hour quick trip to Shoppers. I heard about some new Maybelline products and how gorgeous people were saying they were. It was actually the Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette I was after as I heard it was very comparable to the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I wanted to see for myself just exactly how comparable. I haven’t used a drugstore eyeshadow in years, as I believe the higher end brands have such a better quality and colour payoff. Although I know the drugstore brands have come along leaps and bounds with making their products better and more comparable to pricier versions, I still am hesitant to jump on that bandwagon just yet. I am a girl who loves her brands. It has been a very VERY long time since I have bought anything Maybelline so I wasn’t coming in with too high of expectations. I chose something from their new line of lipsticks (Not sure what it’s called but it comes in a lilac tube) and the colour I chose was Peach Poppy. I don’t own a lot of peachier toned lipcolours so I was excited to try this. The Maybelline Master Conceal concealer in Light/Medium also was chosen as a new product to try. Lately, I have been on a concealer kick. I’ve bought several over the past few weeks and I have also heard great things about this one in particular.

 


My go-to eye makeup remover has been for the past two years or so, the L’Oreal Gentle Makeup Remover in the Waterproof formula. I tend to usually stock up when it goes on sale so I grabbed another bottle. Rounding out my purchase was the new issue of Allure, as Kendall Jenner looked stunning on the cover.

 


As soon as the Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette comes into my possession I will do a complete review using all three products. As I write this, I am currently stalking stores in my area to find it. And I won’t rest until I have it in my clutches.

 

Gollum style.

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha I was just casually reading and enjoying this post and then I saw the last line and I died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are reading it and enjoying it! You'll be happy to realize things haven't changed much since "the product room" days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you checked Wal-Mart? One of the YouTubers I follow said it was available exclusively at Wal-Mart, I was planning on checking tomorrow actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessa I literally STAMPEDED to Wal-Mart because MissJenFabulous said it was only available there and they didn't have it.... I feel like it hasn't launched in Canada yet. I am one step away from asking my Mom to send me one from down there!

    ReplyDelete