Thursday 26 March 2015

Girls Gone Wild


Kaitlyn Bristowe made me do it.

 

At least that’s what I’m going with. If you are unfamiliar with the above mentioned name, Kaitlyn Bristowe is rumoured to be the star of the upcoming season of The Bachelorette. She finished in “3rd place” in the last Bachelor installment with Chris Soules. She also is a Leduc, AB native which made watching the last season of The Bachelor a no-brainer. Kaitlyn also firmly reserved her place alongside with Jillian Harris and Emily Maynard as one of the most fashionable women they have ever had on the show. Everything about her hair, makeup and clothing choices were impeccable. One thing in particular that drew me to her was her signature lipcolour she seemed to be sporting in nearly every scene. It was a vivid fuschia colour, and perfectly complemented her skintone, hair colour and every outfit. As each episode passed, the shade of this lipstick intrigued me more and more. And I wasn’t alone in this growing interest. A friend of mine who also is a fan of the show shared her mutual interest in Kaitlyn’s lipstick. She even had more of a vested interest in Kaitlyn herself, as they went to school together and were from the same hometown. Suddenly, the casual discussions of the previous evening’s episodes that generally occurred on Tuesday mornings took on a more aggressive approach as the weeks went by. We both found ourselves scouring the internet, devouring every scrap of information about the possibilities of the identity of “the lipstick”. Finally, after an exhaustive search mission, we would emerge triumphant. According to a post dug from the depths of Kaitlyn’s Twitter page (Stalker, much?) revealed that the elusive colour was in fact MAC lipstick in Girl About Town. How fitting, really. Upon further investigation, she also admitted that Urban Decay Revolution Lipcolour in Anarchy was another personal favourite. Well that settled it. The following Saturday we set off on a mission and that mission was simple. GET THE LIPSTICKS.

 

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy

MAC Lipstick in Girl About Town


Another contestant would enter into our mission as well. Although we are Team Kaitlyn for life, Britt Nilsson caught our attention with some bold lipcolours during her time on the show. Another crazed internet search, this time lasting several days, and we had our answer. Wet N Wild. Yeah, THAT Wet N Wild. I was almost embarrassed to make several calls to local stores in our area to find out if they carried the line. Almost……. but not enough to stop me. After receiving my answer from a local Wal-Mart, it took all my self-control not to take a half day off work and send my car careening down the highway. Finally, my work day ended. I was so close to victory I could taste it! I think I literally ran down the aisles of the Wal-Mart store that had literally just opened that day. No one was there. No one knew it had opened. But in my feverish, hoarding mind I was competing with everyone to get to them. (Who was everyone?  The lone male staff member tasked with setting up the toaster display? THERE WAS NO ONE THERE BRI). I flew to the cosmetics department and searched frantically for the section I desired. My heart started pounding, I experienced a loss of hearing, my breathing increased rapidly and I lost all speech capability. Tears sprang to my eyes. I found it. I FOUND THE LIPSTICKS. The price then immediately sent me into a tailspin. THEY WERE UNDER $3. I promptly began sweeping them into my basket, hovering over the display like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Three shades were chosen, the two Britt revealed were the ones she wore plus one more that was closer to the hot pink shade my friend and I were after. I got six in total, three for me and three for Nicole. I brandished them victoriously at work the next day, and we reveled in our victory. But then, panic set in. I SHOULD GO GET MORE YEAH MORE SOUNDS GOOD WHAT IF EVERYONE FINDS OUT ABOUT THEM AND THERE’S A WORLD WIDE LIPSTICK SHORTAGE. I went back the next evening and five more were granted a new home.

 

Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Colours in Smokin' Hot Pink, Red Velvet and Pinkerbelle

Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Colours in Dollhouse Pink,Stoplight Red,Coral-ine,Sugar Plum Fairy and Cherry Picking


Everything about them is amazing. I have tried every lipstick brand under the sun, most of which are expensive.  Most pale in comparison to these. And they are under three fricken’ dollars. One coat of any of the colours I have tried takes me till after I eat lunch. Most brighter lipcolours need to be re-applied constantly and carefully as one mistake made could make you look like a hot mess clown. Not the case with these babies. I’ve only had to re-apply most days twice. Simply amazing. I love love looooove the Wet N Wild Mega Last lipsticks. And I love that they are so inexpensive.

 

Come May, when the new season of The Bachelorette begins airing, I will most likely be sporting bright, fuschia lips all day every day in Kaitlyn’s honour. I’m sure more makeup products will become must-haves of mine as her season progresses. And I will be buying them.

 

Because Kaitlyn Bristowe will make me do it.

3 comments:

  1. What is your favourite Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Colour out of the ones you got?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Red Velvet. The nicest, longest wearing red lipstick I have ever owned. Obsessed!

      Delete
  2. What are some of your favorite lip stains?? I am SO bad with lipsticks (they end up everywhere) so I only wear stuff that won't come off until I take it off. Currently I am obsessed with the Limecrime Velvetines!!

    ReplyDelete