Saturday 12 March 2016

Please NYX I have a family

It's only been a week since I last posted a NYX haul BUT.....



I got sucked in again.



NYX is just The. Bomb. Lately I've been addicted to watching short little makeup "tutorials" (not even since they are literally about 15 seconds long in fast-forward) on Instagram, and time and time again I keep seeing their Butter glosses being used. Being a lipgloss "conaisseur" if you will, I am very particular when it comes to glosses. Sticky texture is not something I tolerate. The NYX Butter glosses aren't sticky, and the colours are all super nice. I will admit I went completely psycho. The makeup beast took over my body and soul, and I literally blacked out. When I came to, I was the proud new owner of 8 new NYX lip products.







I regret nothing.




IN MY DEFENSE... I started pretty tame. The Butter glosses were really the only thing I was after. I kept seeing the shade Creme Brulee everywhere on Instagram, so that was naturally the first item that went into the basket. Oh but then Creme Brulee was located directly beside another enticing shade, Maple Blondie. I started swatching them on the back of my hand, my excitement growing. From there it just escalated until I had four Butter glosses in my clutches. The Soft Matte Lip Creams were directly beside the Butter glosses on the wall and I simply could not ignore how beautiful they all were. Stockholm was the chosen shade, a lovely nude brown that seems to be all the rage currently.










From there I made the large error of glancing at the NYX Liquid Lipsticks. Swatching them all, well all the ones that had testers available, I grew absolutely in love with them. Yesterday was a beautiful Spring day where I live and it made me feel like some bright and bold lip colours needed to be in my life. I chose Pink Lust, a vivid hot pink reminiscent of Stila Bella, and Life's A Beach, a bright and beautiful coral. I can't wait to sport them around town.



Swatching Festival 






Honestly, I was going to stop there. But something caught my eye as I prepared to walk away. It was their Wonder Pencil; a reverse lipliner, concealer and eye brightener all in one. It's safe to say I will only be using it as a reverse lipliner, as I have other products that serve those other needs. And the price? It could not be argued with. Ended up costing me around $4.



Wonder Pencil in Medium



After this, I am not allowing myself to be around the NYX section for AT LEAST a month. Well, maybe like two weeks. More like one week.



Who am I kidding, I'll see you tonight NYX.

1 comment:

  1. Good choices! I have to share....also love the butter cream, I have eclair.....not a ton of colour, but it feels great. I have recently acquired a simply nude lip cream, kinda similar to a chubby stick, it is pretty nice. As well, the high voltage lipsticks are really nice....I have flutter kiss and mirage...mirage is great for lightening up another lippie, flutter kiss is a plum-ish color, I think you would like it. A formula that I have that I'm not sure they still make is the xtreme lip cream....between a lipstick and a lip gloss...it was really quite good, if you happen upon it, get swatching, I'm sure your find some loves there

    ReplyDelete