Wednesday 9 March 2016

It puts the lotion on its skin

Unlike Buffalo Bill, I have never been interested in the application of creams or lotions on anyone's skin, much less my own.



Makeup has always ruled the roost in my world. Skincare was never something I was remotely interested in much less valued. I would much rather spend my money on shiny and sparkly makeup products than invest in “boring-ass skincare” (to quote myself). Having had a particularly stressful year in 2015, for the first time in my life I saw signs of aging. (I was mildly horrified that it turned out I was not in fact the female version of Benjamin Button but that is neither here nor there).  Stress can do terrible things to the human body, and I will admit I bore the brunt of it on my face. So, I began to look for an alternate moisturizer and eye cream, both with some anti-aging properties in them.




My precious



The first thing that changed was my moisturizer. For years I had always used the Vichy Normaderm one, from their anti-acne line. I have been extremely fortunate that I have never had to deal with acne, just the occasional zit on my jawline once in a blue moon. The Normaderm moisturizer always kept this in check, and I never had any issues with it ever. I ended up switching to the Lancome Bienfait SPF 30 day cream and I have been completely in love ever since. It is super luxurious, super hydrating and super scented. I would not recommend this one for any type of sensitive or reaction-prone skin. On me however, it works wonders. A night cream is something that I am still not using (I know I know, BAD) but I think I actually may end up purchasing the Bienfait night and giving it a go. We’ll see.




A complete must-have for thine eyes

An eye cream was the obvious next step. About a year ago, I received the Strivectin eye cream to try. To be completely honest, I wasn’t thrilled. It just seemed rather…. Boring. Nothing exciting or pretty about it or the packaging. Thank the heavens above that I decided to “give it a whirl” one day, not long after I got it. I absolutely LOVED it. I still wear it to this day. It is the BEST eye cream I have ever used and I am beyond happy that I let it sneak its way into my heart. I will not go a day without it and I have absolutely noticed a difference in the fine lines and dark circles I was blessed with after a year from hell.



My other precious. Costs about $20 at SDM

I realize the next thing I want to talk about is going to sound weird considering I did a post raving about an alternate product but….. I changed my face cleanser and I have never been happier. Around the end of October of last year I purchased a few skincare sets as Christmas gifts for my friends and family. Of course I had to pick one up for myself. I was drawn to the Biotherm sets because of the striking cosmetic bag that came in it. It was a stark winter white colour and the perfect size to travel with.  I chose the set containing their basic moisturizer for dry skin and along with a full sized jar, it came with their cleanser and toner. I ended up loving them both so much I repurchased the cleanser when it inevitably ran out. Obsessed is a word I would use to describe my love affair with the Biotherm foaming cleanser. It gives the perfect amount of creamy lather, takes off all my makeup, and doesn’t leave my face feeling “tight” at all, rather it leaves it feeling supple and smooth. This has sadly replaced my Neutrogena foaming facial cleanser as my Holy Grail of cleansers. I still keep the Neutrogena one in my shower though, just so it doesn’t feel too left out.







One thing I have not changed is my eyemakeup remover. It’s still the good old L’Oreal waterproof eyemakeup remover and I believe it always will be. You just can’t beat it.



Compared to some, my skincare preferences aren’t anything crazy or special. But trust me. I’ve come a long way. Not on a Buffalo Bill level, but a long way.

1 comment:

  1. I would highly recommend the Lancome Visionnaire Nuit (gel in oil) at night, it is loverly, simply loverly!

    ReplyDelete