Saturday 5 March 2016

Come into my makeup lair

Let’s get all up in my personal space y’all.  

As I alluded to previously, I moved last year. I moved into my very own HOUSE. In the town I feel should probably get a restraining order against me because I am so obsessed with it. My house is perfect for my kid and I. We have a good-sized yard, awesome deck, plenty of space and….. A MAKEUP ROOM. When I was in the process of moving in I had already reserved the extra bedroom upstairs for my Oasis. Normal thought process would be “This would make a great guest bedroom! For my guests! To be comfortable and sleep next to humans!” Normal thought processes evade this girl on the daily. My guests can sleep in the cellar. Mama needs her Tarte collection to be easily accessible.




 I knew I wanted to keep the master bedroom as decluttered and sleek as possible. In my bedroom at my old place, I had no other choice but to keep all my clothes, makeup and everything else all in the same room. As an admitted clothes, makeup and everything else shopaholic, this made for close quarters. To say I was in awe of all the extra space my current bedroom has is an understatement. It feels positively immense. It also comes with another bonus feature…. A Walk-In Closet. For years I was forced to ram my gigantic clothing collection into one closet, two dressers and two rolling racks squished together and shoved into a corner. Now I have So. Much. Room. Two closets between both rooms as well as a spacious bedroom for racks. As an admitted clothes, makeup and everything else shopaholic however, I had no problem filling up all the extra “room” I had.



 When I moved, I got rid of about half my makeup collection. I purged everything. Nothing was safe. It felt good in a way to be free of so much product that I wasn’t using, and was never going to. Not that I didn’t feel a panic attack heaving buckets of eyeshadows into the garbage. I just felt better knowing that everything I was keeping deserved to be kept. Plus, who am I kidding, that gave me MORE room to fill up with gorgeous gorgeous MAKEUP!  

A little sneak peek comin' at ya


This room is still slightly a work in progress but I feel so peaceful when I’m in it. At times I have literally exhaled “AHHHHHH” upon entry. It’s also given me time and space to really see what I have in my wonderful ALEX organizer “dresser”. As stated before, I still have some work to do with it. Some reorganization, decluttering and perhaps another purge. Having my own pure girlie refuge filled with all my favourite things has made me very happy.

And worry not, future guests. I’ll make sure I throw you an extra blanket for the cellar.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous....my little make up drawer looks so...oh blah....you are my makeup soul mate!! ��

    ReplyDelete