Sunday 6 March 2016

Nyx has my heart

A little Nyx haul comin' atcha on this lovely Sunday.


I have long been obsessed with Nyx makeup. At my first job, many moons ago (sob), we carried the brand and I remember loving everything I ever tried. It's hugely popular in the online beauty community and it's hugely popular for a reason. It's amazing. The quality of everything in the line is most comparable to MAC in my opinion. It's a makeup-y makeup line. It's meant for girls who LOVE makeup and who want the latest trends. My favourite thing about the line? The pricepoint is incredible. You're paying the same as you would pay for any of the brands on the mass makeup wall (Maybelline, Revlon, etc) but the quality is the same as any of the brands you would find in your Beauty Boutique or Sephora. I can't say enough good things about Nyx. My only issue with it is it has always been that it's hard to find. That is, it was hard to find until Shoppers Drug Mart started carrying a few weeks ago. I may or may not have screamed, gasped for air, waved my arms wildly around looking for something to brace myself on, and then promptly burst into tears when I saw it moved into it's new home on the mass wall. I couldn't wait to try all the new products I kept seeing on Instagram.



Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in SoftSpoken and Vintage

Sporting Vintage


The first items I bought were two of the liquid lipsticks in two very different shades. I have recently become unhealthily obsessed with the Stila liquid lipsticks and wanted to see how the Nyx ones would compare. Having only tried one of them so far, I don't feel like I am ready to review them as of yet. Stay tuned.



The Jewel of the Nile... Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen



Instagram is so important to me for finding out about new launches, new products and look ideas. I kept seeing so many posts about the Soft Matte Lip Cream lip products that I felt compelled to pick one up as well. Someone who also frequents the online Beauty Community told me that the shade Copenhagen was sold out everywhere, which meant that I set the landspeed record for stampeding to the section to see if I could find one. Standing in front of the little Lip Cream display, clutching my sides, wheezing and gasping for air as I began to raise my arms and fistpump in glory as if I had just had accomplished an Olympian victory was not one of my finest hours.



The Motherload



I went a little crazy last night and ended up purchasing a quite a few items that I am over the moon about. Their Contouring palette was one of the best reviewed items of 2015 and tears sprang to my eyes as I cradled it in my arms. I also chose the Strobing palette as well, as I have been REALLY into highlighting lately. The shade selection is incredible. 8 different shades come in the Contouring palette (which is insanity) and 6 come in the Strobing one. You can literally do any look you want, and it will work for every skin tone imaginable. As I type this, I am actually pounding on my keyboard because I AM SO EXCITED about these two products. A full review will follow if you're interested.


Brows are my jam right now, and I always am interested in trying anything new brows-wise. Their Brow Mascara intrigued me, and I knew I needed to give it a whirl. Into the basket it went. Currently I am also on the prowl for a new liquid liner, as the one I am using currently (Clarins 3 Dot) isn't completely thrilling me and it is coming to the end of it's life soon. I thought "Why not?" when I saw this liquid liner; Super Skinny Marker. Nyx actually has a few different varieties of liquid liners, but this one spoke to me the loudest. Rounding up the haul was an Intense Butter Gloss and a Matte Lipstick. Both colours are similar nudes. I swatched them both in the store and was super excited about the colour pay-off.


If you're interested, I'm planning on doing a full review of everything once I've had the chance to really play with everything. I have high hopes for everything I picked up and I am really looking forward to getting them into the mix.


Also, shout-out to the kid I drop-kicked out of the way during my Running of the Bulls to get to Nyx. I'm sorry about your luck, but maybe next time, don't stand in the line of fire when there's a Copenhagen Lip Cream with a world-wide shortage problem available to a crazy lady with a raging makeup problem and PMS. It will end badly for you.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on everything...strobing palette? Did you love it?

    ReplyDelete