Sunday 13 March 2016

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho It's Back 2 MAC I go




For those of you unfamiliar with Back 2 MAC, it's a loyalty program offered at any MAC store across the country. For every 6 used products you bring back to the store to "recycle", you get a lipstick, lipgloss or single eyeshadow of your choice for free. For organization purposes, I keep two MAC bags going in my makeup room at all times. One bag is where I drop my "used up" products, and once the minimum number of six is reached, I transfer all of them to the second bag, ready to be taken into my local MAC store to recycle. This program is a great way to reward yourself with a fresh new gloss or eyeshadow to try. Usually, I end up getting lipsticks, as I am a complete lipstick junkie (in case you couldn't tell). This weekend I had to make a trip into the Promised Land to grab some things for my friend Amanda that she needed with my Pro card. This was a great opportunity to bring my "Back 2 MAC" bag with me, as I had enough empties to choose four new lipsticks.






Having quite a large collection of new MAC lipsticks, I actually ended up having to consult a photo in store I posted on Shimmerette to see which ones I already had. Being as the products I would be getting would be free, I felt compelled to try some different shades than I normally would.



MAC Red and Syrup


Upon first glance I was quite attracted to Syrup. Lately I have been all about the rosy brown nudes that seem to be ever so popular online, and Syrup was no exception to that. Also, I felt that I needed a new MAC red, so why not pick up one that literally said it?



Heroine and Up The Amp


The next two shades were quite unusual and different than my normal colours of choice. Heroine has long been a MAC cult classic, and I decided there was no time like the present to try it out. A deep purple, it is definitely not for the more conservative lipstick lovers. I followed it up with Up The Amp, a slightly lighter shade of purple. I am really looking forward to busting these little babies out soon enough.



Free lipsticks, Amanda's bag of goodies, and I was out the door unscathed from having to spend any of my own money. Awesome, right?



If only it were true.








The Zac Posen collab he did with MAC launched a few weeks ago and I really liked everything. What I didn't really like? How I had to wait a few weeks before I could use my Pro card on anything in the collection. But, I made it through, and was delighted to see not everything was sold out. Surveying the scene with a "responsible" attitude, I chose two products. A matte red-magenta lipstick and a contour brush that I was absolutely dying over when the collab launched. I am SO happy about both items, and I love everything about them. The packaging is so sleek and chic and makes me feel happy inside. I can't wait to start using them, the contour brush especially. It's just so beautiful.



Zac Posen Contour brush

Zac Posen Lipstick in Dangerously Red



Wishing you a shimmering, sparkling makeup-filled week ahead everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment