Monday 16 May 2016

Crushin' on Blush




I am such a sucker for blush.


I have always been mad into it. During my entire childhood I was heavily involved in the dance/figure skating/cheerleading community and I looked forward to any type of competition or performance that included the plastering of bright pink or even red blush across my cheeks. I felt crazy glamorous (and looked ridiculous, I'm sure). It was around when I was 14 years old that I started experimenting with more "wearable" colours and discovered how much more "put together" I looked whilst wearing it. The love affair continues to this day, and I was especially pumped to get these next two things in my hot little hands last week.


Tarteist Blush Palette




This should come as no surprise to anyone. Imma talk about TARTE. When I saw their limited edition Tarteist blush palette launch online I knew it must be mine. Then, I made the unfortunate mistake of "waiting for a good Beauty Deal" on Sephora.com instead of ordering it right then and there. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. SOLD OUT IMMEDIATELY. I cursed at the skies and then vowed never to make that mistake again, which is something that occurs oh probably about twice a month. Annnyways.... I was at the mall last week and I decided to just "stop in at Sephora and just see if they had it. They totally did. I think there was two left and I couldn't grab one fast enough. Palettes are numero uno in my heart as it is, and to have one that is just so nice and completely usable is just everything I could possibly ask for. I'm obsessed.




Benefit Cheekathon palette



My relationship with Benefit cosmetics is rocky at best. I've never been a fan. To me, their packaging looks tacky/cheap and I'm not really a fan of their makeup. I've tried just about everything they have over the years and nothing has thrilled me to endless excitement. I'm just not a fan. What I am a fan of? GOOD DEALS. From the moment it was announced as their Summer limited edition release I was consumed with excitement about it. In this clever palette you will find five full sized blushes. For the price of two. FIVE. FULL. SIZED. BLUSHES. To say I was looking forward to buying it would be a complete understatement. I stalked Instagram daily, finding obscure photos leaked from Great Britain and hassled my co-workers daily on "if they knew when we were getting it in". For the 500th time Bri, WE DON'T KNOW. As soon as it came in, it was treated like a National Holiday. My friend Amanda called me breathlessly informing me of its arrival. I think I screamed when I answered my phone. It's just really good. Such a good deal. Full sized Hoola bronzer (perfect for contour), Dandelion (great highlighter), Rockateur (funky shimmery rose-gold), Dallas (a beautiful plum and my personal favourite) and Coralista (a pinky coral). I'm just pumped about it. So good. They are hard to find because of how good of a deal they are plus they are limited edition. I wish you luck on your search.



Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment