Saturday 23 April 2016

Selfies 'n Stila


You know when you do your makeup for the day and everything just works? Your foundation is on point, your eyeshadow is on point, your lipstick is on point and you are just feelin' it? Those days are just the best. You walk around totally feeling like Beyonce, hair flip and all, and you seriously feel like the world is your oyster. Well, I had one of those days last week and I just felt the need to document it. Now I need to clarify something right off the hop. I am NOT a selfie girl. Rarely do I take pictures of myself, much less post them on social media. A friend of mine actually told me the other day that she needs to keep checking my Facebook account to see if it's still there because my activity is so rare. But one day recently, I could not resist to whip out the old SnapChat and take a selfie. (I should add it was taken in my car parked in the driveway before I left my house, my neighbours pointing and laughing at me the entire time.)



The infamous once-a-year Selfie


I wanted to quickly talk about the makeup I was wearing, as I was obsessed with it. My foundation will always be the same, the OG Lancome 24 hour Teint Idole along with my powder foundation, the Lancome Dual Finish. I finished it off with my MAC Studioblend powder to set it. The above products do not ever change. But what was different, was using my Beauty Blender to apply another round of foundation and giving myself a slight contour using the Marc Jacobs contouring powder and the Becca highlighting powder. It made such a difference and I loved it. My blush was the MAC mineralize blush in Gentle and my brows were filled in with my Anastasia DipBrow of course. The eyeshadow was done using a few shades from the Smashbox Double Exposure eyeshadow palette, my liquid liner was the Clarins 3Dot and my pencil liner was the Urban Decay Waterline eyeliner. But I have to say, what pulled the look so together was my lips.



Stila Liquid Lipstick in Baci



A few months ago I purchased a new Stila Liquid Lipstick in the shade Baci. Into a drawer it went, as I was all about my newfound Patina. The colours looked so similar in the packaging that I wasn't too bothered about opening up Baci and trying it. Until, one day last week, I decided to just give it a shot. THANK GOD. It is perhaps the greatest shade of lipstick ever created. Way better than Patina. It is a slightly lighter, ever so slightly more mauve than Patina and super super flattering. I am completely obsessed. I saw my friend Abigail that day and the first thing she said to me was "What lipstick are you wearing, it looks really good". Okay, for those of you who don't know her, Abigail's makeup always looks like she spent 8 hours getting it professionally applied. It always looks amazing. So for her to ask me that.... I was PUMPED. I knew it must've looked GOOD.


I can't urge everyone enough to try this gem. This liquid lipstick stayed on all day. I never reapplied it ONCE. And I was drinking a lot of water and talking A LOT. It never budged. This is definitely something I will ALWAYS have in my makeup collection.


I'm already having Hoarding Sweats about it.


2 comments:

  1. OMG YOU GET HOARDING SWEATS TOO????!!! Mine are (but of course) over a fabulous fabric....

    ReplyDelete